As you may have noticed, Purposegames got updated today with a brand new look, some new features, and quite a few fixes to issues that have been reported by the members over time.
Please take the time to reacquaint yourself with the site and see how you like it.
The FAQ section of the site will be added to during the course of the coming days and weeks, and will hopefully - after a little while - contain most of the information any new member may need.
This release contain a lot of changes under the hood so you may expect a bumpy road to begin with. If you find any bugs, please report them here in the forums and I'll see to fixing them asap.
Before reporting a bug, please make sure you do the following first:
- Refresh your browser. It may need to be completely refreshed by repetedly hitting the refresh button a couple of times.
- State the problem as detailed as you can and also let us know the make of your browser (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc)
Groups, Tournaments, Games, and the Forums should work pretty much as they did before. There are some new ways of communicating in groups and also in a challenge (the challenge "chat" is extremely crude right now, but it works).
New things are Challenges, Shape games, Followers, and the Pulse.
Most things will be self explanatory once you try them out, but those things that aren't will surely end up in the FAQ very soon.
Some changes have affected all:
- You need to re-upload an avatar for your account. If you see your old avatar in your account it's because you haven't refreshed your browser on the page you are standing. Hit refresh and then upload a new image.
- Instead of "friends" we now have followers and following. The ones who follow you that you are following, become "friends" and then you'll be able to send PM's to each other.
- To play a tournament you need to start the game from the tournament page. New shortcuts and navigation within a tournament makes for a more efficient way of playing, but it's no longer possible to count a game play that wasn't started from within the tournament itself
With that, I wish you a happy end of the summer and good luck in winning tournaments, challenges, and creating new games.